The New Normal requires flexibility and seamlessness
As the first hot zone for Covid-19 in the US, Seattle and Bellevue area business transitioned to remote work very quickly. This put a noticeable strain on many businesses and employees as everyone learned to navigate and function in new ways. For many companies, this resulted in a workforce that was largely working from home.
As our state restrictions begin to lift and we start navigating through new phases, how will this impact a mobile workforce? Will the rapidly deployed solutions meet more permanent needs? Will your business continue to operate remotely?
There are a number of things to consider when strategically planning your New Normal:
- You don’t always need a Terminal Server. As technology has evolved, we have more remote solutions available to us, especially for laptop users. These newer solutions are often more secure and cost-effective than their older counterparts.
- Collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Slack, and Zoom allow for productivity, but also for social connection.
- Cell phones can be used as office phones, allowing people to call your office number without callers ever knowing that they are reaching a cell phone, or that an employee is working remotely.
- Implementing a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy is paramount if any personal devices will be used for company affairs – either inside or outside of the office. This guides an employee on security, acceptable use, and how to access company data.
- Seek out the Cloud where it makes sense. Cloud-based applications like Office 365, which makes email and Microsoft Office software accessible through multiple platforms, make it easy for employees to work from anywhere.
- Analyze productivity and use benchmarking tools to understand and improve work patterns.
Although a pandemic certainly produces challenges and hurdles, it also illuminates opportunities for growth and valuable change. People often choose to do business with small and midsize companies because they are nimble, flexible, and personal. These upcoming phases allow us limitless opportunity to continue to be those things for our clients.
You need to be available and ready when your clients need you. Dataworks can help you with the solutions you need to be and do your best, even in the most challenging of times.
Dataworks is located in Newcastle however they serve Seattle, Bellevue, and surrounding communities.