Dataworks is a leading provider of technology services and support to small-medium businesses throughout the Seattle area. We create powerful IT solutions that are customized to meet the goals, needs and budget of every client. With personalized customer support and a team of seasoned, innovative experts, we offer comprehensive solutions that growing businesses need to stay ahead of the technology curve. We take the guesswork out of business technology so you can get back to doing what you do best.
We are looking for a reasonably seasoned Systems Administrator to join our staff in this full-time, permanent position. This role will require an ability to balance multiple tasks on any given day, such as help desk tasks, to server/network planning, and project management.
A good understanding of all things Microsoft Infrastructure is key: Servers/Workstation (all versions) Active Directory, Office 365/Exchange. Networking skills/experience: configuring routers, firewalls, switches, wireless, and other hardware from multiple vendors. Candidates should be comfortable deploying and managing virtualization technologies from VMWare and Microsoft as well as storage technologies such as SAN and NAS. Lastly, an understanding of small to medium size business applications, hardware and software.
- 2 – 5 years of experience as a systems engineer/administrator with a focus on Microsoft technologies
- Microsoft Infrastructure is core: Servers/Workstation (all versions) Active Directory, Office (All versions) and Office 365/Exchange.
- Experience supporting and deploying network hardware (switches, routers, and firewalls)
- Administration of SAN and NAS devices
- Administration and configuration of VMware ESX(i) and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Experience installing and troubleshooting server hardware, disk arrays, controllers and peripheral devices
- Experience with disk based backup/recovery systems
- Ability to work well in a team environment and promote team collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal skills
These skills are a plus but not required:
- Experience with monitoring and systems management tools (RMM)
- Experience with phone systems and collaboration with telecom vendors
- Experience using ticketing systems relevant to the Information Technology industry
- Linux experience
- Windows Scripting skills
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Implementation, management, and troubleshooting of an entire network from the desktop to the server
- Engage with vendors to resolve line of business application and telecom issues, as well as manufacturer support
- Develop and maintain network, policy, and process documentation
- Evaluation, testing, and deployment of software, patches, and upgrades
- Play a role in technical projects and initiatives
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with our clients
- Maintaining industry certifications is an ongoing condition of employment
- Reliable transportation and current insurance is required for this position
Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science or Information Technology and/or equivalent work experience. Technical Certifications are a plus.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Full-Time (8 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday) with some after hours and on-call duties
Dataworks offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and a company 401(k). Additional benefits include breakfast Tuesdays, Starbucks Fridays and other office perks.