We are growing and adding team members who possess a rare blend of diverse IT experience, customer focus, and strong work ethic. Applicants must have the ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks successfully. Our staff operates in a team setting but often work independently. Dataworks is an environment with a high level of accountability. Expert written and verbal skills in the English language are an absolutely necessity.
We are looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer to join our staff in this full-time, permanent position. You must have a minimum of five years applicable industry experience performing support tasks ranging from help desk, to advanced server/network planning, and project management.
Maintaining industry certifications is an ongoing condition of employment. Reliable transportation and current insurance is required for this position. Most work is performed from our offices and on-site at client locations in the greater Puget Sound area.
A strong understanding of all things Microsoft Infrastructure is core: SQL server, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365 Federation, SharePoint, etc. Core networking skills are very necessary: configuring routers, firewalls, switches, wireless, and other hardware from multiple vendors. Candidates should be comfortable deploying and managing virtualization technologies from VMWare and Microsoft as well as storage technologies such as SAN and NAS.
- 5 years of experience as a systems administrator with a focus on Microsoft technologies
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Infrastructure technologies: Windows servers; Microsoft Exchange; SharePoint; Lync / Skype for Business; SQL
- Advanced experience with Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, WSUS, and ADFS
- Experience supporting and deploying network hardware including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Administration of SAN and NAS devices
- Microsoft Office 365 migration & administration
- Administration and configuration of VMware ESX(i) and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Experience installing and troubleshooting server hardware, disk arrays, controllers and peripheral devices
- Experience with disk based backup/recovery systems
- Knowledge of cloud environments such as O365 and AWS
- Experience with monitoring and systems management tools
- Experience with phone systems and collaboration with telecom vendors
- Experience using ticketing systems relevant to the Information Technology industry
- Ability to work well in a team environment and promote collaboration and team morale
- Ability to take receive direction graciously
- Ability to present a confident appearance to the client
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
An example of typical job responsibilities:
- Implementation, management, and troubleshooting of an entire network from the desktop to the server.
- Engage with vendors to resolve line of business application and telecom issues, as well as manufacturer support.
- Develop and maintain network, policy, and process documentation.
- Evaluation, testing, and deployment of software, patches, and upgrades.
- Play a lead role in technical projects and initiatives.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with our clients.
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Administration: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License and Current Insurance